Earlier today, one of the family members said “Welcome to the explosion of Spring!” and I thought, what an excellent word to describe the seemingly orchestrated opening of all blooms, blossoms, and buds in the past few days.
Where once there were brown intertangled sticks, there are now green branches. Spring seems to take its name seriously in this part of the world, for it leaps forth all at once. Whereas Spring usually comes in stages, here in Småland, the effects are immediate, emphatically noticeable from one week to the next.
I have to wonder how people with allergies deal with all the greenery?
- Today’s Favorite Picture: The Lions of Teleborgs Slott (fikaafterfifty.wordpress.com)
- Today’s Photo: The Disco Ball on Lake Växjö (fikaafterfifty.wordpress.com)
- Today’s Pictures: Celebrating Spring’s Beginning (fikaafterfifty.wordpress.com)
- The Majestic Oak Tree in Bloom (everlastingloveofflowers.wordpress.com)
- Google Turns Into Giant Zipper in Honor of Gideon Sundback (mashable.com)
- Gideon Sundback Gets Unzipped By Google (inquisitr.com)